Family violence is a complex issue that is present throughout our communities. NM Insurance Pty Ltd (NM Insurance) is committed to supporting people affected by family violence and treating them with the utmost dignity and respect.
We recognise that family violence means much more than physical violence. It includes emotional abuse, psychological abuse, sexual abuse, financial or economic abuse and damage to property.
Our priority is to ensure that whenever family violence is identified or suspected, the safety of the customer affected by family violence and their family is protected and we are committed to supporting you.
We will be flexible and vary our approach based on customers’ individual circumstances, including providing personalised support.
NM Insurance can assist customers experiencing family violence by:
- ensuring safe and confidential communication in light of individual circumstances
- helping to set up new insurance policies
- helping to arrange access to financial hardship assistance and
- referral to specialist support services.
Our employees and third-party providers are trained so that they can deal appropriately and sensitively with customers affected by family violence.
We are committed to training our employees to help them:
- understand if a customer may be vulnerable
- determine how best to support a vulnerable customer
- take account of a customer’s particular needs or vulnerability and
- engage with a vulnerable customer with sensitivity, dignity, respect and compassion. This may include arranging additional support and referral to specialised people or services.
NM Insurance will ensure that our service suppliers who deal directly with customers, such as loss assessors, are also trained to deal appropriately with cases of family violence.
|1800 737 732
|National 24-hour Domestic & Family Violence and Sexual Assault Line.
|1300 224 636
|24/7 support to people experiencing anxiety or depression.
|13 11 14
|24/7 counselling & referral service for people in a crisis situation.
|1300 789 978
|24/7 support, information and referral service for men with family and relationship issues.
|National Association of Community Legal Centres
|An independent not-for-profit community organisation that provides legal and related services to the public, focusing on the disadvantaged and people with special needs.
|National Debt Hotline
|1800 007 007
|Financial counselling is a free, confidential service to assist people in financial difficulty.